1.1 SK Functional Polymer with its registered office at TOUR CB21 – 16 place de l’Iris – 92400 COURBEVOIE, and other companies in the SKFP group collect and use certain Personal Data. SK Functional Polymer is responsible for ensuring that it uses that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws.
“SK Functional Polymer”, “we” or “us” means SK Functional Polymer company.
“Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, SK Functional Polymer (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of SK Functional Polymer or any other person in respect of an individual.
2. THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
(A) Request information through the “Contact US” of our website (“SK Functional Polymer Website”);
(B) Create and access your personal account available through SK Functional Polymer’s website (see section 5);
(C) Order samples of SK Functional Polymer’s products.
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
3.1 Many of the services offered by SK Functional Polymer require us to obtain Personal Data about you in order to perform the services we have been engaged to provide. In relation to each of the services described at paragraph 2.1 above, we will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information that you provide to SK Functional Polymer. This includes information about you that you provide to us. The nature of the services you are requesting will determine the kind of Personal Data we might ask for, though such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list) basic personal and professional Personal Data (such as first name; family name; position in the company; company name; company email address; business phone number; business address; city; postcode; country).
– When you visit SK Functional Polymer Websites, cookies are used to collect technical information about the services that you use, and how you use them.
– For more information on the cookies please contact SK Functional Polymer.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on SK Functional Polymer Websites to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber attacks;
- to proceed with the orders of samples of SK Functional Polymer’s products and to deliver the samples;
- to assess the satisfaction of the users of SK Functional Polymer’s websites;
- to personalise the content of SK Functional Polymer’s websites according to the user’s interests;
- to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
- for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
- to understand feedback on SK Functional Polymer Products and to help provide more information on the use of those products and services quickly and easily;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with services or information about SK Functional Polymer and SK Functional Polymer Products;
- for in-depth threat analysis;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for the management and administration of our business;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data.
4.2 However when we use Personal Data we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
- we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers;
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
– allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
– maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
– monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
– enabling quick and easy access to information on SK Functional Polymer Products;
– offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
– obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security solutions and provide these to the market.
5. PERSONAL ACCOUNT
In the future, you will have the possibility to create a secured personal account on SK Functional Polymer’s Websites protected by a personal log-in and password.
In order to create this account, you will have to register via the “My Account” section of SK Functional Polymer’s Website.
This personal account will allow you to access additional content on SK Functional Polymer’s product ranges (documentation, videos, etc.)
Please note that registration as personal account holder is exclusively reserved to professionals.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
6.1 We may share your Personal Data within the SKFP Group of companies for the purposes described above.
6.2 We may also share your Personal Data outside of SKFP for the following purposes:
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- if we sell our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes; and
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
7.1 SK Functional Polymer is a global business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result we collect and transfer Personal Data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer your Personal Data to locations outside of your country.
7.2 Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of Europe, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside Europe.
8. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
8.1 We have extensive controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Client files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
8.2 As a condition of employment, SK Functional Polymer employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to sensitive Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by an SK Functional Polymer employee is prohibited and may result in disciplinary measures.
8.3 When you contact an SK Functional Polymer employee about your file, you may be asked for some Personal Data. This type of safeguard is designed to ensure that only you, or someone authorised by you, has access to your file.
9. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9.1 How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it – SK Functional Polymer will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose;
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
9.2 Personal data processed to answer your queries made via SK Functional Polymer’s websites will be stored for the duration necessary to answer this query.
9.3 Personal data processed to send to you promotional information will be stored for a maximum period of three years as from our last contact or last commercial transaction.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.1 In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to SK Functional Polymer;
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- the right to provide instructions regarding the processing of your Personal Data after your death.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details listed in paragraph 11 below.
10.2 If you prefer not to receive promotional information by email from SK Functional Polymer, you can click on the self-service unsubscribe links contained within our emails.
11. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
11.1 If you have any questions or concerns about SK Functional Polymer’s handling of your Personal Data, or about this Policy, please contact us.
SK Functional Polymer
TOUR CB21 – 16 place de l’Iris – 92400 Courbevoie – France
We are usually able to resolve privacy questions or concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy Officer, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction. Upon request, SK Functional Polymer’s Privacy Officer will provide you with the contact information for that regulator.
Cookies are small text files of letters and numbers that a website may place or store on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site or page.
When navigating on SK Functional Polymer’s websites, subject to your consent, cookies may be placed on your computer or mobile device.
You have the right reconsidering your decision at any time.
The cookies we use perform different functions:
1. Cookies used by SK Functional Polymer for website functionalities, statistical analyses and content personalization
These cookies are used in order to monitor the use and the performance of our website, and to determine whether improvements are required to facilitate the user experience.
For personal account holders, please note that after you logged onto SK Functional Polymer’s websites, SK Functional Polymer will collect navigation data via the cookies placed on the website.
SK Functional Polymer will analyze your navigation data and combine them with other information we may have regarding the activities of your company, in order to provide you with the documentation and promotional information appropriate to your preferences and interests.
If you do not want your navigation data to be processed by SK Functional Polymer for this purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time by contacting:
SK Functional Polymer
Tour CB21 – 16 place de l’Iris – 92400 Courbevoie – France
The following cookies are cookies used by SK Functional Polymer:
|Name of the cookie
|ocmsLoginToken _patindex _patlastrun _patsid _patuser_id
|Help us to remember a website user who is a registered member on SK Functional Polymer’s website
|The cookies recognize you as a unique user when you return to the site, and to track various data related to your website usage in order to provide custom content or services related to your specific interests.
2. Other types of cookies or third-party tools that might use them
Some cookies are provided on our behalf by trusted third party service providers to aid with user experience, reporting of user behaviour, market research, providing advertisements according to user’s interests and improving the Website functionality for example.
Please find below the list of third party cookies which are used on our websites:
|Name of the cookie
|Third Party Provider
|The cookies recognizes visually impaired individuals who use this tool offered by Facil-iti in order to display the website according to their preferences
|Addthis Social Widget
You may find additional information on the following website: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
|Youtube is a streaming service that hosts the videos on our website. These cookies help Youtube to count the views of the videos embedded on SK Functional Polymer’s website. They are used for targeted marketing purposes on Youtube website.
|Google Analytics Tool
|Google Analytics is web analytics service that helps us to improve the user experience. The cookies help Google Analytics to remember a user when he comes back to a website and to analyse how users use the site.
|Qualtrics Survey Tool
|Qualtrics is a tool that allows us to trigger some “pop-up surveys” to some visitors of our websites if they visit some specifics pages. The cookies are used for the purpose of those surveys on SK Functional Polymer’s websites.
|_cs_id _cs_s _cs_vars _cs_ex _cs_c
|ContentSquare is a solution which aggregates usage and frequency data so as to improve user experience. Statistics created are anonymous. To be excluded from this monitoring, please click here.
|DoubleClick is a Google program that helps Google to improve the quality and the relevance of their ads. The cookies remember websites visited by the users and the purchases they have made in order to retarget them after on the Google advertising network.
4. How can I control or delete cookies?
In relation to our website, most browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you use websites. You can change the settings on your browser to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being set on your computer or mobile device. You can also delete cookies stored on your computer or mobile device through your browser.
Please refer to your browser instructions or Help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings. You will find below the Help pages of the commonly used navigators:
You can also activate the parameter “Do not track” on your browser in order to send a code stating that you do not wish to be tracked:
For opting-out cookies placed by Google Analytics, you can also install the following add-on on your usual) navigator (Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera): https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Please note that parts of our websites may not function correctly if you disable the cookies.